BP recently settled a class action lawsuit relating to the “Deepwater Horizon” Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico that occurred on April 20, 2010. The settlement resulted in an unlimited settlement fund that compensates any business (subject to certain exclusions) that (1) had operations in Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and parts of Florida and Texas and (2) meets certain monthly revenue requirements.
We are representing over 150 business claimants and have retained a regional accounting firm with significant experience with these claims and with the predecessor Gulf Coast Claims Facility. Many of our clients have qualified for the settlement and have substantial claims.
Examples of McCulley McCluer clients that have passed causation and have claim calculations done are:
- A construction company: $3,400,000
- A large cotton producer: $2,400,000
- An agricultural business: $1,900,000
- A mobile home dealer: $865,000
- A rice farm: $820,000
- A cotton gin: $800,000
- A timber management company: $580,000
- A mobile home manufacturer: $500,000
- A law firm: $480,000
- A catfish producer: $450,000
- A flying service: $250,000
- A rental beach house: $157,000
- A retail store: $66,000
- A professional services firm: $60,000
Please contact us to determine if your business qualifies for compensation.
Please click here if you are a Client seeking to upload confidential documents relating to your claim. You will be taken to our secure Client portal.